Get Started Now!
You need to enroll in the Art of Professional Staging to access this course module
Lighting for the Professional Home Stager introduces you to the key principles of lighting, and how it is applied when staging a home for sale.
Understanding light is a basic requirement for anyone considering professional home staging as a career or business.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in developing their home staging skills.
This course is for YOU if you are ....
- serious about establishing yourself in your own professional home staging business,
- an interior designer wanting to offer home staging,
- a professional looking for new creative career opportunities,
- a real estate agent wishing to augment your services,
What are the requirements?
- No prior knowledge required
What am I going to get from this course?
- In this course you will learn how to select lighting that is safe, attractive and pleasant when staging a home for sale.
- By the end of the course you will have learnt how to :
- identify types of lamps and fittings
- identify lighting rights and wrongs
- select the right lighting for each function and zone
- use lighting to create the right atmosphere
- create a lighting inventory
Tina Jesson is a lifelong entrepreneur, interior designer, and trainer. She is co-founder of the British Academy of Home Stagers and the Home Stagers Network, and is an expert trainer with the Home Staging Academy.
Tina first began staging homes over 20 years ago, when initially she staged her own home for sale. She established her business delivering home staging services to home sellers and real estate agents. She went on to train the first independent home stagers in the UK, and built the the first European network of independent home stagers, all of whom she personally trained and supported.
Tina is a very popular international public speaker, regualarly speaking live at the BBC Home Shows in London, and she appeared on many of the UK's popular home improvement TV programmes, including:
- UK Style;
- Channel 4s Location, Location Location;
- Selling Houses;
- Property Ladder:
- Downsize Me:
- Ruby Wax;
- Tonight with Trevor McDonald
- and more
Tina now lives in Central Indiana in the USA, and she continues to be a popular speaker and educator, appearing as a regular guest expert on IndyStyle TV
Jillian Hinds-Williams is founder of the Home Staging Academy, British Academy of Home Stagers, Home Stagers Network, a business entrepreneur, property writer and editor.
Jillian has lived and worked in Germany, USA, Canada, and the UK, her background is with Blue Chip IT companies. She left the corporate world to establish a successful nationwide home staging franchise business in the UK, and developed an extensive training programme for home stagers, estate agents and property developers in how to present and market property successfully.
Jillian is an experienced writer, editor and trainer, a Fellow of the Institute of Technical Communicators specialising in online magazines, website content, digital marketing, and creating online training courses.
Jillian recently returned to her home county of Derbyshire, in the United Kingdom, after a few years with her family in Essex County, Ontario, Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is available as a module within the Art of Professional Home Staging training programme.
You can access all the courses by enrolling in the Art of Professional Home Staging.